For this assignment, I want you to draw your advice network and friendship network out to two degrees. That is, enumerate your friends (and advice givers) and the relationships they have among each other, but also try to enumerate your friends’ friends (even the ones that you may not be friends with) and the connections among them. The first degree should be straightforward. The second degree is clearly much more difficult but it is a useful exercise in determining the extent of your knowledge about your own networks. You are welcome to use pseudonyms or initials to label your contacts (and their contacts). Once you have drawn these two networks answer the following questions:
- How efficient are your networks?
- Relative to your peers, how “entrepreneurial” are your networks?
- Why do you think your networks have the structure they do?
- Are your networks well suited to accomplish your short and long-term goals?
- If so, why? If not, what strategies can you use to improve the quality of your networks so that they help you more effectively?